Benefits of Braces
Straightening teeth contribute in two main aspects, one is aesthetic smile and other is oral health benefits. Many studies have shown that attractive smile boosts self-esteem which is important at any age. For children, straightened teeth can improve self-confidence that carries forward throughout life and for adults it can improve self-esteem which helps in professional and social situations.
Braces are a form of orthodontic appliances used to straighten the crooked teeth, misaligned teeth, overlapping, overcrowding and more. There are different types of braces such as metal braces, ceramic braces, lingual braces, and invisalign. Braces functions by applying considerable force on each of the tooth to gently move them in a specific direction. The placing of braces have no restricted ages, it can be done at any ages.
If the teeth are not aligned in correct position then it will be uncomfortable in chewing, biting and even speaking. Additionally, it makes the cleaning process difficult causing tooth decay, infection and gum diseases. So to overcome all these issues, orthodontic treatments is the best solution.
Benefits of Dental Braces
- Gum disease: A thin bacterial film ‘plaque’ is formed on the surface of teeth and gums every time a person eats something. Due to inappropriate brushing and flossing the plaque may grow deep to spread infection causing gum disease.
- Prevent tooth decay and cavities: When the teeth are crooked or crowded millions of bacteria easily make the colonies on teeth and gums as food particles get easily trapped in tiny crevices. Acid is the byproduct of bacteria which causes tooth decay and cavities. Orthodontic treatment can help straighten the teeth and prevents the sticking of food into tiny crevices and causing damage to teeth enamel.
- Braces for digestion: If your teeth are misaligned then it will be troublesome to chew food into tiny pieces, thereby swallowing large chunks of food resulting in improper digestion. Straightened teeth will be helpful in the proper digestion of food as half of the digestion required for your good health is done by teeth.
- Bad Bites: If your teeth are misaligned and not fit together properly it puts abnormal pressure on jaw bone while chewing food. Braces can help in supporting the bones and tissues in your mouth by straightening your teeth.
- Speech improvement and enhances smile: Teeth play an important role in speech. When the teeth are out of line i.e., lean toward forward or backward, it causes some words that cannot be pronounced properly affecting the speaking pattern and causing embarrassment. Braces improve speech by aligning the teeth in position.
Importance of Dental Braces is not only in enhancing smile but it is also for overall oral health. Visit our Dental office in Beaumont, CA for quality and affordable orthodontic treatments.